Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware, Black

Friday, November 25, 2011

Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware, Black (Accessory) It feels nice to hold, and looks sorta slick. The little grippers feel solid, I'm hoping the Fire will fill out the bit of give my 3g has in the case though. Like was said, it's not exactly nice leather, in fact I'm not entirely convinced it's real leather, but the case does have a fairly dense padding feel to it like it would absorb a good amount in a drop. Also, all the corners are covered with the hardest padding, which is important. As for the folding display feature, it's less... what's the word... mechanical, I guess, than I would hope. It's more zen and the art of bending the cover. It's rather loosely held in that position relying on the friction between the bottom of the kindle and the padding. The case is fairly rigid, even in the crease so hopefully it'll loosen up in time, but this is a far-cry from the nifty iPad magnetic cover display. This is also far from cheap, it's actually fairly expensive, then again, all of your options are. I look at it this way, is it worth $15 more dollars than the overpriced and mostly featureless pouch, yeah, probably. I mean you need to protect your investment right? It's a judgement call, with a cover, without a cover, plain jane pouch or this folding leather cover, I feel like they all leave you in about the same point of value. I mean $45 would go a long way towards replacing the fire even if it means a reduced lifetime.

Update (after receiving the fire):
1. The Kindle Fire fits very snugly, much better than my 3G, so that makes me happy. But you don't need to wrench on it by any means to get it in the case, the screen isn't in any danger, at least not in mine.
2. The hand strap is convenient and comfortable
3. At first I thought it was weird that the strap favored left handed people, then I realized that if you spin the kindle 180 degrees, it does either, power to the ambidextrous.
4. The extra weight of the fire over my 3G also proves the stand system to be better than I originally suspected. I shook the table a bit to see if the fire would slide or fall while upright, but it held in place more than well enough for any bumps or shakes a table might get under normal conditions.
5. Don't get me wrong, it's still an expensive case, but I at least feel somewhat better about it. In the absence of other alternatives, it's probably better than nothing. Ultimately, it feels protected.
6. I'd upgrade it to 3.5 STARS but I still hesitate to give it four because of the price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 Digital Stores All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Aulia Suhaiminur | Published by Aulia Suhaiminur | Powered by Blogger.com.